Today, I will share with you my meatball recipe...I can't get enough of these! They are great with spaghetti, but also good as appetizers or as a main protein of your meal.
1 lb ground turkey
1 c bread crumbs
1/2 medium yellow onion
4oz. cheddar or colby jack cheese, shredded
2 TB ketchup
1 TB Worchestershire sauce
1 tsp Old Bay
salt and pepper to taste (obviously you can't taste it before you cook it, but you know what you like. I would start with 1/2 tsp. of each)
0. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Grate the onion over a large bowl, making sure to add in all the juices. This is a secret I learned to including the onion flavor, but keeping the kids from knowing the onions are there. :)
2. Add in all the other ingredients and prepare to get your hands messy. I have decided the best way is to use a glove, since I hate cleaning meat out from under my nails. But to each his own.
3. Combine all ingredients with your hands (it really is the best way).
4. Spray a mini-muffin pan with cooking spray.
5. Separate meat into muffin-sized bits and place in the muffin pan (see photo). I don't take time to roll them. I just take a chunk of the meat mixture and throw it in the pan. I let the pan do the work. :) Some say its innovation. I say its because I'm lazy.
6. Place in the preheated oven for 20 minutes (or until internal temp is 180 degrees).
Let me know what you think!