Thursday, November 3, 2011

Mini-Muffin Meatballs

Alright...so I said I would share with you a recipe.  So this is a recipe and cooking tip all in one!  Two, two, two for the price of one!!!

Today, I will share with you my meatball recipe...I can't get enough of these!  They are great with spaghetti, but also good as appetizers or as a main protein of your meal.

Mini-Muffin Meatballs

1 lb ground turkey
1 c bread crumbs
1 egg
1/2 medium yellow onion
4oz. cheddar or colby jack cheese, shredded
2 TB ketchup
1 TB Worchestershire sauce
1 tsp Old Bay
salt and pepper to taste (obviously you can't taste it before you cook it, but you know what you like.  I would start with 1/2 tsp. of each)

0. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

1. Grate the onion over a large bowl, making sure to add in all the juices.  This is a secret I learned to including the onion flavor, but keeping the kids from knowing the onions are there. :)

2. Add in all the other ingredients and prepare to get your hands messy.  I have decided the best way is to use a glove, since I hate cleaning meat out from under my nails.  But to each his own.

3. Combine all ingredients with your hands (it really is the best way).

4. Spray a mini-muffin pan with cooking spray.

5. Separate meat into muffin-sized bits and place in the muffin pan (see photo).  I don't take time to roll them.  I just take a chunk of the meat mixture and throw it in the pan.  I let the pan do the work. :)  Some say its innovation.  I say its because I'm lazy.

6. Place in the preheated oven for 20 minutes (or until internal temp is 180 degrees).

7. Enjoy!!

Let me know what you think!


No comments:

Post a Comment